Sights Seen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a man in a rascal scooter 'jaywalk' against the light across seven lanes of traffic, whilst talking on his cell phone.

Yesterday, homeless man in conical "rickshaw" hat (think the Pandas in Warcraft) with a sign that said "Family assassinated by ninjas. Need money for Kung Fu lessons".

read in my local paper that a 40 ish yr old woman and her 20 ish yr old daughter as well as 2 children were walking down the side of the road because Jesus told them to do it. I think it was near Charlotte, NC. sorry, no pictures..

read in my local paper that a 40 ish yr old woman and her 20 ish yr old daughter as well as 2 children were walking down the side of the road because Jesus told them to do it. I think it was near Charlotte, NC. sorry, no pictures..

I would EXPECT this from Asheville but not you Charlotte!:tank:

thumb2_doodletextcom-last-59817.jpg

Just remembered this iItook this pic yesterday at lunch the day after Mothers day! This is in Belmont. That would make a good birthday card in 10 years.

...another day in Chicago

A few years back, I visited a great friend of mine in Chicago. I understand that pedestrians have a lot of rights in the Windy City, much more than I personally think they should have. But I witnessed a LOT of people abusing those rights as pedestrians, at least in my mind. For me, I personally wouldn't challenge a moving car, but other people obviously would. But then again, on no less than three occasions that day, I nearly got run down as i was crossing the bike lane by what I would presume to be a courier on a bicycle. Either that or it was a bicycle enthusiast traveling faster than most cars in the immediate vicinity with absolutely NO intention to stop for anything. Including a man who easily out weighs the rider AND his bike.

I JUST saw a breeding pair of loons decide on a site to lay eggs. But I"m very worried as it's not on an island, and instead not too far from a neighbor's cottage.

I saw some painted turtles sitting on a log.

I saw a sandhill crane trying to land near my driveway.

I saw two pileated woodpeckers pecking in one of my dying trees.

I didn't see another human today, except for Bob who is fishing right now.

Sometimes, I miss the city. Most of the time, I don't.

I've seen many a great thing in my day. Working retail in a mall you get to see some of the best things.

The highlight, Bus stop Flavor Flav. Guy always wore an awesome suit, usually purple, and had a cane. He fully earned the nickname when he was wearing a clock around his head.

Of course many other great mall folk. So many mullets so little time.

One of the great things I saw in New Brunswick was a guy on a Segway wearing a headlamp, I almost lost it. I was driving at the time or I would have freaked out.

heard shouting outside my office window, open the blinds. cop is pointing a gun at a man who is face down on the street in the middle of the highway. the guy is rolling around and writhing in pain. I thought the cop shot him! apparently the guy was running from the cop on a motorcycle, wrecked and flew into the intersection. cop gets out shouts commands and points gun, waits for back up. not sure if the guy made it or not, i think at the very least, he won't be walking for a long time...
just another day in the jungle man....effin'A

Back