They seem nice, leave them alone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I spend the better part of every day being annoyed in some way by someone I dont know, or dont know well. So many things get under my skin that it is an absolute miracle that someone wanted to marry me after listening to my hour long rants, and it is equally amazing that (up until she make me throw away my pork bone) she has never been the subject of one.

So, you might be surprised, there are some people out there that I feel weirdly protective of. It is time for me to play "He/she seems nice, leave him/her alone."

You can add some people of your own if you'd like.

* Britney Spears. She was forced to act from the time she was a zygote, raised in a barn apparently, propelled to stardom by a nation of hornballs who just wanted to see her prance around in school-girl gear and lycra and then she shaved her head and had a mental breakdown after marrying and divorcing a guy who makes a dining room table look intelligent (but actually seemed to like her). I say we give her a break for a bit. Let her be a bad judge and flash her glocenschpeil at the camera from the back of a limo a couple of times and basically not ride her so hard on Page 6. She seems nice, leave her alone.

* The little girl from the Oscars. She's a little girl. Piers Morgan belonged nowhere near her. I kept scowling at the screen thinking "one obnoxious word to the little girl, *******, and I will reach through this screen and throttle you." Also, as far as I am concerned, the media is not allowed to critique what she wore "on the red carpet" (I'd like to see someone dye the damn thing blue guerrilla style some year, fingers crossed) until she turns at least 16. She seems nice, leave her alone.

* "Pioneer Woman" on the Food Network. This makes me cringe. The food doesnt always look so hot. She makes references to the differences between men and women that make every New York muscle of my body uncomfortable and she's really just cooking for a bunch of modern day ranchers in dopey looking hats (c'mon... you know its true) but she seems excited to do so and enthusiasm is almost always a good thing. She seems nice, leave her alone.

* In the same vein (vane?) that kid who came on HBT to talk about his quick fermenter for table sugar solutions. It was a terrible idea. We all knew it. Someone refered to it as a vessel for "ass juice". That was just mean. I felt protective. He seems nice, leave him alone.

* Katie Perry. Ok, she looks kinda trashy and her songs are as catchy as the swine flu.... and apparently she didnt want to live in the sober tank with the monsterously unfunny yutz she married (I personally once dated a lesbian ballet dancer... we all make mistakes)... but... she seems nice, leave her alone.

Of course this list isnt as long as the ones that annoy me... but baby steps.

Dude. She seems nice... leave her alone.

Do it. Because this is what will come if we don't:

britneys-new-look-20080320031042702.jpg

The Onion, and Seth MacFarlane.

They make their living saying horrible, horrible things. If somebody isn't getting offended, they're not doing their jobs. Sometimes that somebody's gonna be you, but RDWHAHB; tomorrow, your turn will have passed, and it'll be the Royal Family or Catholicism or the Green Party or Pakistan or somebody else whose sacred cow is being butchered.

The Onion, and Seth MacFarlane.

They make their living saying horrible, horrible things. If somebody isn't getting offended, they're not doing their jobs. Sometimes that somebody's gonna be you, but RDWHAHB; tomorrow, your turn will have passed, and it'll be the Royal Family or Catholicism or the Green Party or Pakistan or somebody else whose sacred cow is being butchered.

I agree, but jokes that are sexual at all about 8 year olds is out of bounds.

Notice that I LOVE southpark? They beat Seth and Onion up one side and down the other on the offensive meter, but they stay away from sexualizing 8 year olds.

I agree, but jokes that are sexual at all about 8 year olds is out of bounds.

Notice that I LOVE southpark? They beat Seth and Onion up one side and down the other on the offensive meter, but they stay away from sexualizing 8 year olds.
Cartman joined NAMBLA

F that Seth MacFarlane guy. He made a joke about seeing Jodi Foster's breasts in "The Accused." Does anyone remember the premise of that movie? Totally out of bounds.

People need to get off Kevin Smith's ass for being "too fat to fly". Sure, he is a portly fellow, and that incident hurt his feelings. A lot. The fallout probably would have driven me to the loony bin.

And while we're at it, leave him alone for "Jersey Girl", too. The guy has made some fantastic movies including (but not limited to) Clerks, Clerks II, Red State and Dogma. Did Gretzky score every time he got the puck?

This has probably been asked before (probably lots of times) but has anyone ever seen Cheezy and Creamy together in the same room?

Cheers! ;)

f*ck, you're right. this is totally a CreamyGoodness thread.

see what i'm talking about?!? this stuff ALWAYS happens!

It's an honest mistake because like daytrippr alluded to, cheesy and creamy might be one in the same. mmmmmm creamy cheese......

These two are responsible for some of the most epically entertaining threads on the interweb.

Yeah, South Park hasn't sexualized children at all! <eyerolll>

Super Adventure Club, from The Return of Chef? Anyone??

(BTW if you haven't read up on the backstory to that episode, it only makes it that much more awesome!)

South Park has been a bit more reserved recently. The Honey Boo Boo / Lowering the Bar episode seemed to be a reflective look at the current cultural trends in television and the produces of South Park not liking what they saw and essentially helped to create.

Yeah I am probably a hypocrite. If Daniel Tosh made fun of the 8 year old I might just laugh and say "OH that Daniel".

The diff between Onion and Southpark was:

REAL 8 year old with thoughts and feelings...../not real 8 year old that doesn't know if it is construction paper or CGI.

What? Oh Creamy says hi. *GET BACK IN YOUR BOX!!!!!!*

* "Pioneer Woman" on the Food Network. This makes me cringe. The food doesnt always look so hot. She makes references to the differences between men and women that make every New York muscle of my body uncomfortable and she's really just cooking for a bunch of modern day ranchers in dopey looking hats (c'mon... you know its true) but she seems excited to do so and enthusiasm is almost always a good thing. She seems nice, leave her alone.

I've never had the opportunity of seeing the show.(me n tv are not friends) I have however tried some of her recipes from her website.

I very strongly recomend The Marlboro Man Sandwich DON't leave out the butter, follow the recipe!!!

* Katie Perry. Ok, she looks kinda trashy and her songs are as catchy as the swine flu.... and apparently she didnt want to live in the sober tank with the monsterously unfunny yutz she married (I personally once dated a lesbian ballet dancer... we all make mistakes)... but... she seems nice, leave her alone.

Of course this list isnt as long as the ones that annoy me... but baby steps.

I heart Katy Perry. She's borderline top 3 in chicks I'd marry tomorrow. I would dump my girlfriend now just to stare at her bewbs

Back