Apple Pie Saison

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayderek14

Reaction score
So we brewed a batch of saison 2 weeks ago. We got the recipe out of a book and it was fairly simple and straight forward. Tomorrow night we are going to add the flavors to turn it into an apple pie saison. I just wanted to post our process on here to get some opinions. Any help would be much appreciated!

So our plan is to put 2.5 gallons of saison into a 3 gallon car boy. Before we add the beer we will add our ingredients. We have sliced 2 types of fresh apples, 2lbs of red delicious and 2lbs of golden delicious. We sliced them last night and they are currently sitting in my freezer.

Tomorrow we plan to remove them and bake the apples. We are going to put cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg onto the apples and bake them that way. Once the apples are done baking we will place them in muslin bags. Also going into the bags will be vanilla beans. Once everything is sitting on the bottom of the car boy we are going to pour in 17oz of grade a maple syrup. From there we will siphon the saison into the car boy and let it all sit for another 2 or so weeks.

If anyone has ever tried anything like this or has any opinions we would love to hear them. Thanks again!

How'd this one turn out? Which saison yeast was used? I'm curious about how the character of the yeast goes with the cinnamon.

Back