how to attach auto-siphon to keggle/acid carboy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grathan

Reaction score
I am looking for any ideas on securing the auto-siphon. I like the bucket clip that lets you adjust the height, but it doesn't fit anything else.

Ok, apparently the black bucket clip fits on the carboy, I need to start using this. Probably won't be able tip as good with the siphon in the middle though.

I use something to prop up one side of my my carboy, put the siphon in the opposite corner, and let it go. Seems to distrurb the trub less, gotta watch it at the end so it doesn't suck up too much trub once the beer "washes" it toward the siphon at the end.

I use something to prop up one side of my my carboy, put the siphon in the opposite corner, and let it go. Seems to distrurb the trub less, gotta watch it at the end so it doesn't suck up too much trub once the beer "washes" it toward the siphon at the end.

Do you get a fairly compacted sediment? I wonder if propping should be done early in the transfer or later... I am thinking less chance of sludge sliding with less head pressure.

I find that until I get to the bottom, the sedinment hardly moves. I usually cold crash, don't know if this helps with this. I prop it up early, let it settle if it needs to.

I get great cold breaks with my CFC so alot of it settles really well on the bottom. Cold crash and then take it out, let it settle for about 15 minutes (just the little stuff that kicked up in the movement from the ferm chamber to the counter top). Siphone as low as i can with the clip on and then pull the clip off and tilt the carboy (its a better bottle wiht a bubble in the middle). Its only at an angle for a minute or two so no need to prop it up with anything.

Back