You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you are planning to take a 12er of beer to a Mother's Day cook out a month in advance to clear room for more beer because you're getting tired of that one

When choosing orders to a ship, you immediately pick USS STOUT without knowing anything about her other than the name. (USS PORTER was my second choice)

When you have to make the call as to whether or not to buy a months worth of Top Ramen because the Barley Wine is going to cost a bit more than you thought.

Nightshade said:
When you have to make the call as to whether or not to buy a months worth of Top Ramen because the Barley Wine is going to cost a bit more than you thought.

Repurpose those spent grains into some form of sustenance!

you have a dream that you're finding empty beer bottles everywhere. even in spots where you've already found bottles, there are just more bottles.

bottles everywhere

and for whatever reasons, you can't use a damned one

It's April in Massachusetts and you already got the AC running full blast because your apartment can get up to 75 in the day time.

Your wife wakes you in the middle of the night because she heard a bang and the first thing to cross your mind is, "Oh no, I hope one of my beers didn't explode!"

When you don't have a grain crusher,but you use what you've got to git-r-done.
I've done the rolling pin trick a time or two.

Your wife wakes you in the middle of the night because she heard a bang and the first thing to cross your mind is, "Oh no, I hope one of my beers didn't explode!"
one of mine did explode.

When you sit at home on a Friday night drinking waaaay too much cause you need that almost empty keg for your new brew that needs to come off dry hop tomorrow.

Man, there is way more in this keg than I thought.

When SWMBO looks in the fridge and tells you to get rid of a few bottles. Then she doesn't even care if you have to drink them all...

When you need to explain what the "brew target" icon on your laptop is... after your work presentation.

and for whatever reasons, you can't use a damned one

Because they're Sierra Nevada bottles that you've already used a few times, and now your wing-capper either cracks the neck, or--if you try to be delicate--doesn't seal the cap.

And then you end up dumping precious ounces of IIPA down the drain. Tonight has been a sad night for Cathedral :,(

Because they're Sierra Nevada bottles that you've already used a few times, and now your wing-capper either cracks the neck, or--if you try to be delicate--doesn't seal the cap.

And then you end up dumping precious ounces of IIPA down the drain. Tonight has been a sad night for Cathedral :,(

I'm sorry you had to live that nightmare

tell me about it! I had a keg of Falconers American Lager that would not kick! you find the bottom yet? was there an answer in your keg? it wasn't in mine. I'm checking another right now.

Not yet...don't want to pick it up and rock it. Just have to keep going. It's only 10:00, so i've got some time to go.:rockin:

It's a 7.5% Zombie dust clone, so it might win.

When at a party you are more entertained by the clarity and aroma of your homebrew in a bottle or glass than engaging in conversation with your friends or family.

When you provide too many choices of (fermented) beverages at a family get together for everyone to drink.

Try this one... and this one... and this one!

When you go out with friends drinking and you only get beer with pop tops so you can take them home and reuse them.

When you get back from a caribbean vacation and realize all of your beers have so much more flavor after drinking nothing but Carib and Presidente for a week. Even BL has some taste. And the DIPA I had.... WOW. Did I shift back?

DrunkleJon said:
When you get back from a caribbean vacation and realize all of your beers have so much more flavor after drinking nothing but Carib and Presidente for a week. Even BL has some taste. And the DIPA I had.... WOW. Did I shift back?

Shift back to high school with the BL.

You have a co-worker ask 'can you make Stella?'

And you answer 'yes' without even having a clue what the malt bill is.

(I looked it up later). ;-)

Latest posts

Back