Parking in Philly for NHC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mors

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I'll be traveling to Philly for the NHC via car from Michigan. I'm wondering where the best and cheapest place to park for the entire week would be? The conference hotel is a no go as it's $40 a day... lol

I'm obviously not opposed to parking in 1 place and taking public transportation to the hotel (or walking). I'm going to be parked for 5 days so $200 is not a happy parking number ;-)

So yeah any suggestions on places to park would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm driving down as well. I did a little interwebs search and there are some lots nearby that range from $29 to $38 for 24hrs.

I'm not sure about parking further out and mass transiting it downtown.

My wife is joining me, but will be doing her own thing during the day so we want somewhat easy access to our car.

I believe the glaxo smith cline garage in center city is pretty cheap. I forget exactly where it is though, I was pretty drunk. The DD knew about the spot...

I live 15 minutes from Philly, in NJ. If you have a hotel on this side, you can park in one of the train stations FOR FREE and take the train in for 3 bucks. Might be worth it.

Could always park in one of the more residential areas and hop on a septa bus/trolley downtown. It's late enough in the year that the kids are gone from large swathes of West Philly, which always makes parking more pleasant. Then take the trolley on the Baltimore Pike or the 42 bus in. Obviously that relies on you not being scared of your car getting stolen/scuffed.

Hmm yeah looks like I can get by for about $20 a day nearby... Prob what I'll end up doing. Still crazy to me the hotel charges their guests $40 a night LOL

I believe the glaxo smith cline garage in center city is pretty cheap. I forget exactly where it is though, I was pretty drunk. The DD knew about the spot...

Checked with my buddy: http://philapark.org/garages/gateway/

So at the risk of giving this nugget out, it is pretty cheap. 18 for the day during the week, 5 on the weekend. Can't really beat that. And only a couple of blocks from where everything is anyway...

Latest posts

Back