Better than finding a $20 in your jeans after washing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickinWI

Reaction score
Finding a couple bottles of a decent beer you thought you were out of while digging through empties! :tank:

I brewed up NB's Inn keeper for a big crawfish boil I had nearly a month ago, and we drank most of the beer at only 7 weeks of age. I thought I drank the last one a week ago, and it had mellowed out so much and was such a tasty beer, I was bummed it was all gone.

But it wasn't.

I was cleaning up empties to prep for the next bottling and low and behold SWMBO had stashed empties in my case that had last 2 beers from that batch!

:rockin: :mug:

They're in the fridge now, ready for Friday night!

What's your story?

Hahaha. Love this! Has happen to me a few times.. I purposely put a few randoms around my place so I will run into them down the road. Laundry room is a good spot for me. Lol

I've done the opposite of that (well kinda). I put a few homebrews in my golf bag to sneak into the golf course. Once we're out on the course I throw them in the cooler. Well, I forgot to put one in. It stayed in a hot golf bag for weeks. Next time I played about a month later I found it. Sad day for mankind.

I found a Christmas beer underneath my storage table (I get a small table, and the space underneath it, to store all of my brewing gear). I'm going to set aside one bottle of each subsequent batch, and I'll end up with a nice little medley. That is, if they're any good - I have a wheat beer in ferment right now (eight days in; I'm keeping it on for two more weeks), and I MIGHT brew this coming Friday.

NickinWI said:
Finding a couple bottles of a decent beer you thought you were out of while digging through empties! :tank:

I brewed up NB's Inn keeper for a big crawfish boil I had nearly a month ago, and we drank most of the beer at only 7 weeks of age. I thought I drank the last one a week ago, and it had mellowed out so much and was such a tasty beer, I was bummed it was all gone.

But it wasn't.

I was cleaning up empties to prep for the next bottling and low and behold SWMBO had stashed empties in my case that had last 2 beers from that batch!

:rockin: :mug:

They're in the fridge now, ready for Friday night!

What's your story?

Better than Christmas!!!

I've often thought about buying a safe to put beer, mead, etc in, but giving SWMBO the key so that I can't open for a year or so!

I brewed a FBS clone and thought I had the real thing in the fridge. When I went to drink it to compare, it was a home brew that I didn't remove the label from :(

But then just yesterday I was packing some beers for a brew out and found the real FBS I thought I had! Score :)

i found an apricot wheat i made over a year ago recently. made me a little sad because it was WAY better than most of the others i drank. wish i would have had the foresight (and self control) to save some.

I keep a six pack of everything I brew. Labeled so I know what they are of course. I found a few Belgian tripels that I thought were gone and realized like the rest of you they weren't just a bit better with age they were amazing. That's what got me started saving some back.

Back