Denver area breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bd2xu

Reaction score
Just finished a trip to Denver and got to hit several breweries, what an awesome city.
- In Aurora, Dry Dock. Solid beers and their kits are on Northern Brewer. They were out of their Vanilla Porter which I hear is great so I may have to make that kit

- In Glendale, Copper Kettle. Best Saison I've ever had, age din cabernet barrels.

- In Glendale, Bull & Bush. Wow waht a cool place and 41 year history, great food, great beer and great ambience.

- In Boulder, Avery. 1.5 hour tour, was so informational and cool. Their 300 barrel room was the highlight.

- In Longmont, Oskar Blues. I hit their restaurant, Liquids and Solids. Killer food and beer, both Oskar Blues and others

- In Colorado Spring, Trinity. Fantastic fusion beers, they push the envelope on a lot and get very creative, reminded me of Dogfish Head. Their Slap yer Mammy IP was outstanding.

- in Monument, Pikes Peak. This was the highlight. Fantastic beers and a private tour from Chris, the owner and Brewmaster, he is a friend of a friend and is "living the dream". His Incline IPA @ 10.5% and 185 IBUs was unforgettable...

No shortage of breweries here in Denver, that's for sure!

Thanks for the tip on Copper Kettle - that's one of my faves and the closest to my house. I'll have to stop and get some saison.

Come back soon, y'all (lived in Roswell for 10y). Great Divide, Prost, Crooked Stave, Left Hand, O'Dells, and more. We love to brag about being the Napa of beer.

Trinity is pretty good, but next time you are in Colorado Springs, check out some of the other craft breweries. Last weekend I had a s'mores beer from Rocky Mnt, and last month a birthday cake from another local brewery (made with an actual bday cake mixed into the mash). We have some great stuff in Colorado.

Back