What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems how it feels like winter right now:(

ForumRunner_20130411_220134.jpg

I was going to have a Walkers Reserve, but my stomach had ideas of its own, before I could get it out of my beer fridge. Apparently the food at my son's fundraiser dinner didn't agree with me, so I'm just going to bed.

NIZZLE said:
Seems how it feels like winter right now:(

I loved it when I tasted it but it was at 2:30am after drinking a bunch of Batch 19. So I don't know if it was that good or if it was my situation that night.

image-2310753008.jpg

More HB Coffee Brown. Doing legitimate research, I'm re brewing this tomorrow. I'm thinking marris otter, raise the mash temp a couple of degrees, up the oatmeal a touch. Maybe put a bit of chocolate rye in with the chocolate malt.

jerryteague said:
I was going to have a Walkers Reserve, but my stomach had ideas of its own, before I could get it out of my beer fridge. Apparently the food at my son's fundraiser dinner didn't agree with me, so I'm just going to bed.

That's better than wasting some damn good beer.

Billy-Klubb said:
y'all make a lot of cupcakes.

SWMBO is cupcake crazy. My favorite is the maple pecan bacon cupcakes she makes.
That's a a crap-ton of cupcake liners stored on the counter, you should see the less fancy ones in the cupboard.

Billy-Klubb said:
we may have already had this conversation, but my wife & I moved from Gillette almost 2 years ago. they had a better beer selection than the town we live in now.

Haha yeah I think we have. I've had to have my sister in-law in Ft Collins pick up beer for me lately. Not a bad selection here...it's definitely improving. A store in town has started carrying Lagunitas, but not much beyond that.

Cbaddad said:
HE'BREW - HOP MANNA

A very solid IPA from these guys. Good value as well.

That's a good one. And you're right, very good price for that quality of beer.

Drinking my oated mild. Getting better and better and right now I have two endless kegs.. that need to be drank.

Also got 2.5 bags of base grain for brewing. 55lbs of 2row, 55lbs of pilsner and 26ish of Maris other.. need to get to brewing

Onto the Torpedo and the Troegs Perpetual IPA.

Essentially drinking to facilitate writing of my capstone paper (bachelor's version of a thesis).

Swarley88 said:
Looks tasty. Nice counter too. We love counters round here on HBT

O...K... Thanks?

Honestly I couldn't figure out how to shoot the beer without including the counter.

Guess I need a better camera. I notice you didn't compliment my camera. Guess there's my sign.😜

O...K... Thanks?

Honestly I couldn't figure out how to shoot the beer without including the counter.

Guess I need a better camera. I notice you didn't compliment my camera. Guess there's my sign.😜

No sir, you're camera took an awesome pic, that's one of the reason it looks so tasty. I was just also complimenting your counter, in a completely serious way. Hahah no sarcasm here. All around nice pic! :)

Coffee....

Gotta pace myself, my aunt and uncle are driving down from Petaluma with a load of Langunitas and Russian River.

xtian116 said:
Coffee....

Gotta pace myself, my aunt and uncle are driving down from Petaluma with a load of Langunitas and Russian River.

What a cross to bare. Even worse than me sticking to under 5% beers until I get to the second boil on this beautiful double brew day.

image-2457697590.jpg

Having a toasted oat table bíere - last bottle :( - and getting ready to finish sparging batch 1. 'Begian' porter. 6 row heritage malt, chocolate, d-180 and wyeast 3942.

65 and sunny and I'm sure the neighbors wonder why not cutting grass.

A Surly Bender (American Brown Ale) Clone from Northern Brewer that I oaked and soured with Brett L for 9 months. Was an experiment that yielded a great easy to drink beer with a lot of funky flavors. Would do it again but maybe tone down the oak.

Back