Sea Rocket and chili beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b0n0

Reaction score
there is something to try to make a beer with Sea Rocket and chilli ?

searocket /Cakile maritima, the European searocket, is a common plant in the mustard family. It is widespread in Europe, especially on coastlines, and it can now be found in other areas of the world where it has been introduced. It is an inhabitant of the west and east coasts of North America, where it has the potential to become a noxious weed. This is an annual plant which grows in clumps or mounds in the sand on beaches and bluffs. The shiny leaves are fleshy, green and tinted with purple or magenta, and long-lobed. It has white to light purple flowers and sculpted, segmented, corky brown fruits one to three centimeters long. The fruits float and are water-dispersed

I've never thought of mustard in a beer. Something new to think about.

I recently had a molé beer that I think used an amber or a mild as its base. I think you could even push yours to a porter as long as you keep the heavy roasty flavors out of it.

I think anything light on hops or balanced between malt and hops could work.

Back