Heffe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timrox1212

Reaction score
So I plan on brewing a heffe over the weekend but I don't want it to be just a typical heffe. I was contemplating doing some flavor/aroma hops that give off good fruit flavors. And then dry hop with a similar fruity flavor. Hoping this would complement the banana in a heffe. What do you think? If you think it sounds good what hops would you use?

There's a Lemon-Lime Hefeweizen recipe from SD-SLIM, where he uses Motueka and Sorachi Ace. Bovine Blitz has a Citrus Wheat Pale Ale; not actually a hefeweizen. But the message, I think, is that strong citrus hops (e.g. Amarillo, Cascade, Centennial, Citra, Nelson Sauvin, Riwaka, Simcoe, Sorachi Ace) should work well with the banana/clove flavors that hefeweizen yeast will give you.

Ok thanks for your help. Just getting bored with the same old stuff and was thinking outside the box.

Latest posts

Back