Niagra falls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoheroe

Reaction score
We're heading to Niagara Falls from Ohio this weekend. is there anything regional and worth seeking out around there? We're camping and it would be great to sit around the campfire with a couple good new brews.

If your driving through buffalo, ny try and see if you can pick up a growler of community beer work's IPA (they may be listed as CBW also) or flying bison rusty chain. Rust chain is their amber ale and a personal favorite although their IPA and Kolch are good also. CBW you will only find as a growler fill up but flying bison is in bottles pretty much at any grocery or corner store

I would avoid flying bison. They make extract beer, and while I made extract beer for quite some time, theirs is not very good. I knew someone who worked there for awhile and he didn't recommend it either.

Look up Consumers Beverages. They have a decent selection, and some of the bigger stores have growler fills. I used to go to the one in Orchard Park, but it wasn't that big. I can't remember which store, but I bought my first ceramic top growler there, and the unique handle and design still get compliments many years later.

Also, a friend is involved with a pub (to be brewpub) Gene McCarthy's. Close to the highway, decent tap list for a growler fill. Check out the website for what is on tap.

Back