Beaufort, SC bar/bottle shop recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm heading down to Beaufort in a couple of weeks to visit my inlaws. I'm not at all familiar with the area -- does anyone have any recommendations on a good bar or bottle shop to visit while I'm there (bottle shop might be better, since I'll have the kids with me)? Or maybe any regional brews I should try that don't make it up to Ohio?

Thanks.

Jim

Just returned from the trip -- didn't wind up making it to any bars, but did find a decent bottle shop called Bills Liquor that had a very good craft beer selection. Plenty of variety of six packs and bombers, and the only place I could find Terrapin while I was there (which I can't get here in Ohio). If you're in that neck of the woods, I recommend it for a decent place to get bottles. And hopefully the next time I'm there I'll have more time to check out other options.

Cheers.

Jim

Surprisingly, one of Beaufort's Piggly Wiggly grocery stores is managed by a craft beer enthusiast and they've started carrying a nice little collection of brews. It's the Port Royal / Mossy Oaks Piggly Wiggly; I drive across town just for their selection. You're right about Bill's; nice bottled selection and a growler station.

Bar-wise, I really like the effort that "Q" on Bay has put into carrying a nice selection of crafts on tap (and they have the best smoked wings in town) and Fat Patties near Parris Island offers a great selection; they fill growlers too!

The aforementioned Piggly Wiggly in Port Royal has done some major upgrades for craft beer enthusiasts! Their bottle craft inventory now rivals or surpasses any other in Northern Beaufort Co. For Summer 2013 they've remodeled and installed a growler station with 8 rotating stations; maybe 12? Manager knows his beer and is making a real push to be the best game in town! Enjoyed Holy City Slanted Porch Pale Ale and looking forward to my next refill.

Back