how many times can a reusable mashbag used?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am wondering how many times I can use this bag:

It is a big (12"*12"*14") bag and it is really expensive....17 euros (22 dollars) and they cant give me proper info in the shop about the durability of this item. Anyone out there who has experience with these things? Or how to clean them properly?

225x0_1159_1.jpg

Most of us use nylon paint strainer bags. I use one in the 5 gallon size. they wash easily by hand & can be used indefinitly as long as you take proper care of it.

What's the bag made out of?

If it's a thick polyester material like http://biabbags.webs.com/ uses, I've been told it should last a long time. It does seem very durable, but I've only used mine once so I can't say.

As for cleaning it, I dump out the grain, spray it with water and then run in my washing machine with Tide Free so I don't get any residual perfume. Then I hang dry.

I just dump my grains in a bowl,fill the sink with water & turn the bag inside out. Then dunk it up & down a few times till it looks white & new again. Doesn't take long. Then wring out & hang to dry. If done right away,this is all you need to do.

Most of us use nylon paint strainer bags. I use one in the 5 gallon size. they wash easily by hand & can be used indefinitly as long as you take proper care of it.
I'll check my local paint shop for these bags. Let's see if I get lucky. :) Thanks for the info.

I am wondering how many times I can use this bag:

It is a big (12"*12"*14") bag and it is really expensive....17 euros (22 dollars) and they cant give me proper info in the shop about the durability of this item. Anyone out there who has experience with these things? Or how to clean them properly?

If made with polyester voile it will last a very long time. That material is extremely tough considering it's thin and frilly.
I made my own and have been using it for over a year. I rinse it out with the garden hose, hang it up to let it dry and that's it.

Back