Anyone want some stuff for shipping? non-homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dead reciever pioneer VSX-1019AH powers on menus work, but no audio comes out of it...i just want to at least give someone a crack at fixing it before i toss it in the trash...

i also have a Viewsonic 1080p Projector pro8200...doesn't work, might be the bulb balast, not sure...

if anyones interested, i'll box em up and you can send me a shipping label...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that.
I used to dabble in electronics, build, repair, etc.
Troubleshooting was doable with a basic understanding of their functions, while parts were simple to replace.

Most modern equipment relies on microprocessors and tricky displays/remotes and such.
Not saying it can't be done, but it may be difficult to find the culprit and get the correct parts and for a reasonable price.

One of my friends had a very decent 5 (perhaps even 7) channel amp, of a decent brand. There was a hefty fan inside. When that stopped working (dust collection probably) the unit stopped working too...

I'm sorry to hear that.
I used to dabble in electronics, build, repair, etc.
Troubleshooting was doable with a basic understanding of their functions, while parts were simple to replace.

Most modern equipment relies on microprocessors and tricky displays/remotes and such.
Not saying it can't be done, but it may be difficult to find the culprit and get the correct parts and for a reasonable price.

One of my friends had a very decent 5 (perhaps even 7) channel amp, of a decent brand. There was a hefty fan inside. When that stopped working (dust collection probably) the unit stopped working too...

the 7.1 reciever probably just had a blown fuse on the actual speaker out put board....the projector, i don't know...but i replaced both with working used for $100 a pop....it's just growing up in the 80's, and the movie theaters i frequented, now a 160" theater in my own living room, with a better sound system...is basicly disposable!

...is basicly disposable!
Yeah, it's terrible, a f'n disgrace.
Repair shops are crazy expensive/overpriced if you can even find one that can do it.
So, buying new each time has become the norm, throwing the old ones away.

3 years ago I was able to finally fix our kitchen fridge that would freeze up every 4-6 months. Moved the temp sensor 8 inches up, placing it before the evaporator, right where the chunk of ice formed. Simple as that, but took 5 years to come up with the solution after reading a feedback comment on Amazon, on the page where they sell the sensor with a longer wire so it could be moved... Grrrr!

Yeah, it's terrible, a f'n disgrace.
Repair shops are crazy expensive/overpriced if you can even find one that can do it.
So, buying new each time has become the norm, throwing the old ones away.

3 years ago I was able to finally fix our kitchen fridge that would freeze up every 4-6 months. Moved the temp sensor 8 inches up, placing it before the evaporator, right where the chunk of ice formed. Simple as that, but took 5 years to come up with the solution after reading a feedback comment on Amazon, on the page where they sell the sensor with a longer wire so it could be moved... Grrrr!

well someone was GIVING a fridge away...so now i'll have 5! two for i guess fermentation chambers, two for kegerators, and one for food...even though mostly i just eat dry beans that don't need refrigeration?

i mean in my head, something is wrong in this picture... like the matrix my primitve brain is trying to wake up, i don't trust it....

Latest posts

Back