Anyone tried Sprecher's Root Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy

Reaction score
I've been thinking about trying it because of the simplicity and ease of preparation. It gets some great reviews!

I haven't tried the extract, but enjoyed the bottled Sprecher in stores. It's not spicy at all, but very smooth. Can you find bottles of the root beer near you? Seek it out and that should give you a good idea of what the extract will produce.

I haven't tried the extract, but enjoyed the bottled Sprecher in stores. It's not spicy at all, but very smooth. Can you find bottles of the root beer near you? Seek it out and that should give you a good idea of what the extract will produce.
That's what I've been reading. I'm in NY and have not seen it on shelves here . I'll have to research more on distribution. Thanks for the reply!

I have a corney keg dedicated to Sprecher root beer. A gallon of concentrate makes 5 gallons of root beer, not bad for around $25. It is my favorite root beer. Since it is under CO2 it lasts indefinitely.

That's what I've been reading. I'm in NY and have not seen it on shelves here . I'll have to research more on distribution. Thanks for the reply!

It's out of Milwaukee, and perhaps a regional thing. It's common in stores in WI and MN. Is there a store near you that carries a good selection of craft sodas? Maybe a place like that has it or could order a few 4-packs.

Or just buy the gallon of concentrate and go for it. :)

I've had bottles of it that I bought retail and really really like it. Anything I've ever drank from Sprechers has been fantastic. I didn't know they had their own extract, so that gives me a solid root beer project for a future date...
As stated above, it might be a regional thing, but I don't think I have every come across it other than our local (South Central MN) Menards stores or fleet farm stores

Between that and the orange cream, they are my favorite sodas!

I've not tried it, but at our last bottle tasting party at a member's house company founder Ronald Sprecher showed up. Before it started he was rummaging through the various beers people brought and grabbed the only Pliny, (this was before it became widely available in our county), opened it and drank it all. We were like, "dude, that was for the bottle share!" He apologized and said he didn't know. He didn't know!?! Strange guy.

I've not tried it, but at our last bottle tasting party at a member's house company founder Ronald Sprecher showed up. Before it started he was rummaging through the various beers people brought and grabbed the only Pliny, (this was before it became widely available in our county), opened it and drank it all. We were like, "dude, that was for the bottle share!" He apologized and said he didn't know. He didn't know!?! Strange guy.

Did he atone by bringing you some Sprecher beer? That's the least he could've done.

Back