Anyone seen this with Trager pellets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGD

Reaction score
Just bought some more hickory pellets and noticed they look way different than my older bag of hickory from Trager. With the new bag I can’t visually tell the difference between cherry and hickory like I could before. I happen to have an older bag on hand to show the difference.
IMG_7495.JPG
IMG_7496.JPG

They probably just changed the source. I use B&B pellets that I get from Academy. Cheaper and supposedly they are some of the best. I wouldn't sweat the visual difference personally. Just keep the various types in their respective bag for ID.

I’m not sweating them so much as curious. The darker pellets on the left smell more like hickory. I’ll keep an eye out for B&B pellets. The traeger ones are too expensive. The GMG blends aren’t bad, but I’m happy to explore other options.

Not sure where you are located but if you have Academy Sporting Goods nearby, go check them out.

upload_2019-4-17_23-55-38.png

Back