Anyone seen a DIY 3 tier heated corny cleaner before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashevillain

Level 3 Potions Master
Reaction score
I'm looking to build a 2-3 peice bucket corny cleaning system with:

- a high power pump sitting on a false bottom
- CIP ball and dip tube connections
- heating element sitting underneath the false bottom?

I also have a 15gal kettle with a triclover for a heating element, this could serve as the cleaning vessel and opens up the idea of using a non submersible pump that can be used for other purposes.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Then a separate water hose connect for rinsing, and another bucket with a small pump for sani.

I am all set up for everything but the cleaning bucket. I have seen some heated, heavy duty corny cleaners, but none with both a good position for the heating element and a powerful pump for CIP ball.

I've found that if I do not keep my cleaning solution very hot, I cannot guarantee an impeccable clean with my weak pump and have to do reruns, heat supplemental water, or manually spot scrubbing using a light to see the crevices inside the corny. I also would really enjoy not discriminating between sacch and wild yeast/bacteria vessels, and know this is possible with the right cleaning practices on stainless.

I have 10+ kegs to clean any given session and half of them have normally been used for fermentation. I want to blast everything 110% clean and have beer ready kegs in 3-5mins per keg, being able to put another keg on cleaning as soon as one goes to rinse and so on

I have a decent budget for this as cleaning kegs impeccably in a short time has proven too hard for me as an individual:rolleyes: and its the main bottleneck to my beer pipeline. I am beginning to line up my parts, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited:
I've found that if I do not keep my cleaning solution very hot, I cannot guarantee an impeccable clean
What cleaner are you using?

I don't have problems with PBW at low temps.

clean and have beer ready kegs in 3-5mins per keg
My washers cycle time is 17 minutes which includes outside cleaning too. As sanitizer I use SanClean which requires a three minute contact time.
Harbor Freight 12 VDC pumps do work great in my setup and no after clearing is required.
I replaced the spray ball with a spray cleaning nozzle.

Back