Anyone Got a Kegco 3 Roller Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
Some FYI information. I had a heck of a time getting a Kegco 3 roller mill to work properly. The only info available are the directions to bolt the hopper together, so the adjustments which can be tricky, are not addressed. I discovered the Kegco is an almost exact replica (copy) of the standard MM3 mill. The exceptions are the threaded holes in the Kegco are metric vs SAE in the MM3. But the directions and videos on the MM3 website clearly apply to setting the roller gap as well as general operating procedures. The base you can buy for the MM3 (More Beer or Monster Hardware) will also work for the Kegco remembering you'll need 6mm bolts to attach the mill to the base, but other than that, it is darn near identical at least in basic design, but not sure about overall quality/durability. I have discovered that it is of high importance to run either mill with a good corded drill. I tried a Harbor Freight 1/2" drill and wasted my time and money. A 10 amp 1/2" DeWalt drill will drive beautifully with plenty of power and torque to drive in the low rpm range w/o stalling.

**I own both an MM3 and a Kegco, and currently letting my buddy use the Kegco. I have experience with both mills and both work fine when adjusted properly. I BIAB and get over 80% efficiency (83.06% on Saturday) with the gap set at .039 on the Kegco while giving him a brew tutorial.

Back