Anyone Familiar with Long Island Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cogswell

Reaction score
I placed an order from Long Island Homebrew twelve days ago. They emailed an order confirmation and charged my card but didn't provide a tracking number or ship date.

A few days ago, I used their online form to inquire about my order. No response from that.

Today, I tried calling the number on their website. I got a message saying "Say your name after the tone and Google Voice will try to connect you."

Their use of Google's free phone service to run a business doesn't inspire much confidence.

Does anyone in or around Lawrence, NY know of this place? I'm wondering if it's time to call the credit card company for a chargeback.

I have the exact same experience. I placed an order online a month ago, they charged my card, and never any order update. I reached someone by email (not their contact form) and they said they’d look into it immediately— that was a week or two ago. Going to initiate a chargeback after one more try.

Looks like a few complaints with BBB about the same issue. Long Island Homebrew | Complaints | Better Business Bureau® Profile Googled their address, it's someone's house. The owner responded to one of the complaints and claims that once a order is received, he puts the order in with a distributor and has to wait for it to...so seems like they have zero stock and order everything. If it were me, I would put a stop on your charges and never buy from them again. If you click on the FAQ on the website, most of the page is the "Latin" boilerplate that website building companies use to fill a page before you change it.

Darn. These jokers wasted two weeks of fresh apple cider season for me. Now I need to scramble to find yeasts.

I should have searched before posting. This thread showed up in the Similar Threads box below.

FWIW I just disputed a charge with them. I'd ordered a brewing enzyme and a bunch of hops; they contacted me via email 1 week after the order (& payment) to say one of the hops was unavailable & if I'd accept a replacement or prefer to wait. I responded that I'd prefer the immediate replacement. And after that... crickets. No response to phone calls or emails or queries through their website's chat function. Now, several weeks later, I have disputed the charge with my credit card company.

AVOID THIS SCAMMY COMPANY. Long Island Homebrew is the worst. Just assume you won't get what you order.

FWIW I just disputed a charge with them. I'd ordered a brewing enzyme and a bunch of hops; they contacted me via email 1 week after the order (& payment) to say one of the hops was unavailable & if I'd accept a replacement or prefer to wait. I responded that I'd prefer the immediate replacement. And after that... crickets. No response to phone calls or emails or queries through their website's chat function. Now, several weeks later, I have disputed the charge with my credit card company.

AVOID THIS SCAMMY COMPANY. Long Island Homebrew is the worst. Just assume you won't get what you order.
Oh boy, I am reading this too late. I just ordered a fermenter from them and now I am concerned. When you first disputed the charge with them did you do it through your credit card company or another way. I already sent them an email through their site inquiring about the fermenter and if they actually have it.

Last edited:
It just goes to show that all it takes is a fancy website with other vendor's pictures and plenty of suckers can be had. Their address is a post office box. They list Brew-Boss systems and they've been out of business for a year.

well, I guess I got suckered into this too. Completely being ghosted trying to contact them about a part of my order that is missing. Wasn't a huge dollar amount, just the bottle caps for an Aphrometer (lucky that arrived, as it was the pricy bit). Also, after reading that comment about the FAQ page and the latin text, absolutely bonkers that it's still like that! Probably just gonna have to eat the cost here, doesn't seem like persistence gets very far with this place.

well, I guess I got suckered into this too. Completely being ghosted trying to contact them about a part of my order that is missing. Wasn't a huge dollar amount, just the bottle caps for an Aphrometer (lucky that arrived, as it was the pricy bit). Also, after reading that comment about the FAQ page and the latin text, absolutely bonkers that it's still like that! Probably just gonna have to eat the cost here, doesn't seem like persistence gets very far with this place.
Call your bank.

Back