Anyone building a Coldbox?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an extra set of dual pane glass doors that fit on this cooler. JUST THE DOORS!!!
The cabinet on this is about 48"
3712-CIMG0717.JPG

The doors have wheels and are designed to be used with counterweights (not required)

One or both of these would make an outstanding door for a home built cold box. I'd let these go for cost of shipping and some homebrew for my troubles. I can get exact measurements and shipping if someone is interested.

I'll hang on to them for a few weeks or until my wife finds them and asks me to throw them out + 1 or 2 weeks whichever comes first.

A cold box IS in the future plans, but nothing is imminent. If you need to get rid of them AND no one else steps forward wanting them, I'll take them off your hands, but I'm probably not going to be able to start building a bar setup until sometime in the spring.

I can hold on to them for awhile. Once Brenda finds them, I can then buy some more time by saying that people are interested.

I'll take some measurements and see if it's even possible to check these as luggage.

I'll need some time to build some sort of shipping container in any case.

I hate to just toss them though. These'd be real sweet.

I do want to make something like Dude's setup, but I'm kinda limited to the basement right now - but it's got to be built in such a way that I can pack it up when we move to the next house.

If he wants them, don't hold them back for me. I'm building SOMETHING in the next year, I just haven't decided whether to go the coldbox route or start with a chest freezer and build upward. Both have their advantages.

hah.. i can only imagine all the other stuff you got stashed away from the wife.. better hope she doesn't get an account :p

Back