Anybody using BrewStat.us?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it, but from what I can tell you can't design fresh recipes. You have to start with a beerXML file, so I'm not interested.

It's purpose is for tracking, not brewing. I haven't used it. I keep a clipboard attached to fv for fermentation record keeping. Looks like it links with tilt.

I have been using the site for a couple of years now. If you have a Tilt hydrometer it is a no brainier to use the site, as long as you have an old phone, tablet, or other BT/WiFi connected device that can continuously upload your Tilt data. I just use an old android phone that would have been recycled anyway.

Once set up, the site gives you web access to your live fermentation data and history. Its very cool to see your fermentation progress in a graph, and a log of all of your previous beers in one place. Does not do much beyond that, but I use it enough and decided to move from the free sub to a paid subscription so these guys can get paid for the good work.

Here are some screen shots to show what kind of data you can access.

upload_2019-2-13_13-45-1.png

upload_2019-2-13_13-47-30.png

I use it the same way. Just set it up my tilt with an old phone. Even when the readings are terrible, they still show trends. My last two beers have shown a gravity that is about 20 points low the entire time. I don't really care because I know what my OG is from my hydrometer reading. Once my readings level out I ramp up my temp over a few days to finish up. It is great.

I used it for the last month or so, and I like the UI, but I just recently switched to Brewersfriend. I wanted an app/webpage that would integrate with my Tilt, and the Brewersfriend software seems to be the way to go, for me. I dropped Beersmith as well, which I'm still trying to figure out if that was the best move.

That said, if I was sticking with Beersmith, I'd keep using Brewstat.us. Its really easy to upload your recipe into it and track fermentation/temp through the Tilt.

Latest posts

Back