SYL-2352 Output LED

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question for the SYL-2352 users. I build my setup using 2 PID.

I set the BK to Auto to 208 knowing the 209 is the sweet spot for my BK. The intent was bring it almost to the boiling point on the auto mode then I'd set it on manual. When it started to boil in Auto mode and I switched it to Manual the OUT Let went off and I could see the temp drop slowly 209, 208, ... 205 that's the time I was about loose it - the BK element would not be turned on.

Turned the whole thing off nothing.

After putting it in Auto mode and then in Manual mode turned the LED on and the boil resumed.

Anyone have any idea what I might have done do won't do it again ? Is it posible I put it in M mode and reduced the intensity to 0% ?

I looked the manual up but none of that troubleshooting applied. It's not the first boil, the previous one was perfect.

Thought about bouncing it by this forum to see if anyone has any clue.

Thanks!
Q

When you switch to manual the percentage power is 0. As in all the way off. You need to increase the percentage of output by pressing the up arrow until you reach your desired amount of power. Let us know how it goes.

I will give it a try with the element disconnected

the manual says ". You can use the manual mode to
control the boiling so that it will not boil over to make a mess. The manual
mode can be switched from PID mode but not from On/off mode. This
controller offers a “bumpless” switch from the PID to manual mode. If the
controller outputs 75% of power at PID mode, the controller will stay at 75%
when it is switched to the manual mode, until it is adjusted manually."

unless I did by accident did lower the output to 0 and didn't realize it.

Thanks for reply!
Q

But if you had set it in PID mode to 209, and it was at or close to 209 then the controller would be setting itself to a very low value - Probably close to or even 0%. So when you bumpless switched to manual mode it stayed at that very low value.

That makes a lot of sense.

It did reach 209 on Auto mode. then once that happened I switched it to M, then waited to see it starting - this makes a lot of sense that when I switched it to auto a 205 and back to Manual the Out LED turned on.

What's the best way to do this ?

When you switch the 2352 to manual mode, doesn't it show the percentage of output on the bottom (green, SV) row of digits? The 2362 does this. If it doesn't, how do you know what the set power output is?

I never noticed it. I never played with and or down right after I put it in M mode.

When you switch the 2352 to manual mode, doesn't it show the percentage of output on the bottom (green, SV) row of digits?

Yes, the percentage of power is displayed. If it was never moved from 0 then it is set to 0.

Latest posts

Back