Another newby says hey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwbrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just discovered this site yesterday after jumping over from Defalco's in Houston. I'm looking forward to checking in from time to time and already know it will be a place of learning and comraderie.

I've brewed a few batches of beer and hope to have the space one of these days to lay back some wine. I finally got around to using the makings that I picked up late last summer before moving from Houston to San Antonio. Unfortunately I didn't use a starter and I'm worrying about the yeast today. So I'm looking locally for some yeast that I may be able to dump in if it doesn't take off. I've got some dry yeast I'll try to proof tonight but hope doesn't spring strong from that stuff since it is unlabeled and older than I am.

One of these days I'm gonna start a thread and explore the communities' preferences about stoneware for drinking--issues like size, shape and such. While I prefer glass to see the precious fluid I'm also into pottery and wondering what I might be able to build. Maybe I'll start hawking Tejas steins one of these days.;)

When I need to get out of town I usually use a motorcycle. Last spring I briefly touched 49 states, Canada and ole Mexico in a spirited ride that lasted a bit under 9 days. Total mileage was a bit over 13,000 miles when I finally returned home. Unfortunately I found very few good brews during that trip since I prefer to drink mine while sitting down.:drunk:

Anyway I appreciate the efforts already put into this site and hope that I don't do anything to mess it up.:D Now back to fixing this mess of a last brew!

Edgar

Hey bmwbrewer, glad you stopped by. I would recommend getting some fresh ingredients before jumping in it will make all the difference in a good brew.Good idea about the Tejas steins..I'm interested.Go Spurs!

bmwbrewer said:
late last summer before moving from Houston to San Antonio.
Wow...I didn't think we were allowed to leave. Are you sure you're not just in Katy? :confused:

Sudster said:
Hey bmwbrewer, glad you stopped by. I would recommend getting some fresh ingredients before jumping in it will make all the difference in a good brew.Good idea about the Tejas steins..I'm interested.Go Spurs!
Thanks for the welcome Sudster. Do you have a lead on supplies in San Antonio or Austin (dtr still lives there)?

Now re: the Tejas Steins. I think something in burnt orange could sell pretty well!:)

El Pistolero said:
Wow...I didn't think we were allowed to leave. Are you sure you're not just in Katy? :confused:
Nope, I know we're not in Katy 'cause I-10 occassionally moves around here.;) Though after 21 years in Houston's humidity our skin is flawless. We moved from the area around Rice U and the Med Center to NW SA. We're looking for space in the Hill Country where I'll have plenty of room for my hobbies--bikes, brews and building things.:eek:

Back