Another carbonation issue...Sorry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toymaker

Arrgh!
Reaction score
I have just completed my keezer and it works great..for beer. However, I have made some root beer and force carbonated it. I did this by applying 35 psi co2 to it for 4 days. Then I turned it down to 12 psi. I have the temp at set at 34 degrees which I have verified.
I had a short 7' 3/16 beer tubing from the keg to the faucet at first. Then as an experiment I put 25 ' of 3/16, it pours much slower however its still all foam. I've also tried restricting it further at the keg and the faucet with vise grips type clamp the only result being an even slower pour. I have noticed something strange as I watch the rootbeer come up the line to the faucet it is mostly air right out of the keg. Could the dip tube be leaking between the dip tube and the keg but not to atmosphere? I'm not loosing CO2 over time just sitting....
What do you think?
I appreciate the help!

I found it!!!!! There is a 1/2" long crack in the dip tube. right at the top so the gas was mixing with the rootbeer....ARGH... easy fix though...

Back