(another...) butterbeer idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdriver1005

Reaction score
hey all,

i just wanted to get some opinions on my (tentative) 5 gal butterbeer recipe.

6 lbs maris otter
6 lbs wheat malt
1 lbs butter (or perhaps homemade butterscotch, which has a toffee-esque flavor, and is quite delicious)

1.5 oz hallertau 60 min

belgian ale yeast

any input would be awesome!

I've been contemplating and researching butterbeer ideas for awhile. I'm nowhere near experienced with building my own recipes to provide much of a comment. The only thing i can add based on what I have read is that the fats and oils in the butter would kill head retention. Otherwise I'm anxious to see where this goes.

I've been contemplating and researching butterbeer ideas for awhile. I'm nowhere near experienced with building my own recipes to provide much of a comment. The only thing i can add based on what I have read is that the fats and oils in the butter would kill head retention. Otherwise I'm anxious to see where this goes.

The oil killing thing I have found to be kind of a myth. Although my experience is with chocolate and coffee, so butter may be a different story. 50% wheat should help counteract that!

hey all,

i just wanted to get some opinions on my (tentative) 5 gal butterbeer recipe.

6 lbs maris otter
6 lbs wheat malt
1 lbs butter (or perhaps homemade butterscotch, which has a toffee-esque flavor, and is quite delicious)

1.5 oz hallertau 60 min

belgian ale yeast

any input would be awesome!

I liked your idea...can you send the instructions pls?

Back