Announcing the release of Mash Made Easy version 9.95

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver_Is_Money

Larry Sayre, Developer of 'Mash Made Easy'
Reaction score
Announcing the release of 'Mash Made Easy' version 9.95 in both pounds/gallons/Lovibond and fully Metric formats. MME is primarily a mash pH adjustment assistant spreadsheet that operates under both LibreOffice Calc and Microsoft Excel. As always, it is both free and complete, with no teaser version leading to a pay version. It also includes a number of useful additional utilities. MME is available as a free download at the website seen in orange below.

Changes:
1) Adds more flexibility in selecting source or blended source waters and mineralization options with regard to both mash and sparge water. This feature was developed and implemented upon receiving a valued user request. I'm extremely grateful for the assistance this user then offered in Beta testing and debugging this release.
2) Additional bug fixes.

NOTE: If you are experiencing any odd cell output errors in MME (such as cells displaying #VALUE!) when using LibreOffice version 6.4.5 or 6.4.7 (or any version earlier than these two), an upgrade to version 7.0.4 will correct this problem issue. 7.0.4 is their current "stable" edition. MME version 9.95 was developed using LibreOffice 7.0.4.

NOTE 2: LibreOffice version 7.1.0 is their current cutting edge 'testing' edition, and it very likely does not have all of the bugs worked out of it yet. Only try this version at your own risk. I have not tried it with MME. Oddly enough, this version comes up first on their "download" page. Scroll down to see the download for 7.0.4.

Hi Larry. I've used MME twice now and have been happy with it. I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Larry. I've used MME twice now and have been happy with it. I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"

Thanks!
Dan

@dperrigan, CaraAroma is a Caramel/Crystal malt with a nominal color of 150 Lovibond (400 EBC).

I'm entering a recipe now that uses CaraAroma. What Malt Classification should I use in the dropdown? I get very different pH predictions between selecting "Aromatic", "Roasted Malt", and "Caramel/Crystal"

I wasn't sure, since most online stores describe it as roasted.

Like many (most?) caramel malts, Weyermann CaraAroma is drum roasted. But they are not deeply roasted malts in a mash pH model sense.

Back