Android: Wort homebrew calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuba_Steve81

Reaction score
Hey guys,

On my last brew I used a new recipe calculator, and so far it seems to be working great!

Wort homebrew calculator

It has a very large ingredient database, and allows custom entries for just about everything.

I dont know if the other calc do this, but after you enter everything in, it compares against thy style guidelines of the type of beer your suppose to be making and tells you if anything seems off style.

Best of all, the developer is very active, and responds to issues and questions very quickly. I thought I had an issue with BIAB. Turns out it was user error. When i was shopping for a calc, most other ones had a lot of reviews that the devs gad abandoned the software. So an active dev was important to me.

It is free as well, and ad free. I would happily pay a few bucks though.

Btw, I am in no way affiliated with this software. Just a happy user.

I use the app 'Wort' and like it pretty well. Also have 'Brewzor' calculator but its not as versatile. What is the name of your app?

I like wort too. I even paid for the full app to support the creator. It does have a few issues, but like scuba steve said is under active development and I hope they will be addressed soon.

Wort, but in the app store it is Wort homebrew calculator. I didnt see a paid version. I will have to double check.

I remember reviewing this for the dev a few months ago, and haven't gotten back to checking it out again to see if he worked on any of the suggestions.

For now I like to use brewtarget/beersmith (windows) for recipe formulation + my mash calculator (online).

I use wort, and I have at least 25 recipes saved. (It's the only place I have them saved). I opened it today, and all of my recipes had changed completely. At least five recipes were deleted completely. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but it's ruined HOURS of work.

Latest posts

Back