Android Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billf2112

Reaction score
I have been gone for a bit (health issues) getting back to things now. I recently picked up an Android Tablet and want to install a brewing app to use.

Any suggedtions, free apps preferred of course.

Thanks

Bill

Mr Malty has a version for Android (not free)... not sure if there is a full brew app for it though. interested to know though

I just released BrewAide, right now its made to read and support BeerSmith, but Im working on making it compatible with BeerXML as well

Adeering said:
I just released BrewAide, right now its made to read and support BeerSmith, but Im working on making it compatible with BeerXML as well

So I looked up the app. From what I can tell it only reads prebuilt recipes from other programs. I think his question was, is there an app for Android that has the same "tools" as say, beersmith.

From what I have found, brewr is the easiest of the free apps.

It reads the recipes, but also has the most common tools like refract, boiloff, dilution, and unit converters.

Also has brew timers for your recipes and brew steps. Cant build recipes on it but can do everything else needed

cool, i use the Brewr app to build and store my notes. Cool thing is i can dump all the info onto my pc just incase my phone crashes. Its also stored on my sd on the phone as well.

Adeering: build a complete app to build recipes and such! Im willing to give it a whirl if you do.... :mug:

Actually you can take notes and store the files on either your phone or on a dropbox folder and update them to import back into beersmith. Also has spots for measurements while brewing. If you use beersmith on your pc you should try it out. Soon ill have it support BeerXML as well

i would use beersmith but my wife uses the computer for work. so its hard to get to when i need to use it. Matter of fact i havent touched it since january. so a mobile app for the tablet or the phone is my best bet.

Back