Fan Help needed, Broke USB Adapter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPBISME

Reaction score
So since I know little of "Electric Stuff" when I put a fan in my keezer I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065O6HFC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It worked great until the wall adapter to USB-Port broke; so now I have a fan that I don't know how to power.

Can I splice in some kind of AC/DC adapter or can I buy a replacement power adapter?

I like this little thing because it has run well and was easy to mount.

Tomorrow I am off on vacation so I will not answer any questions until next Monday

Thanks,

DPB

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about the thing in between the USB plug and wall , yes , too the buy an adapter , or if you have a spare iPod charger or iPhone , or any Walmart or best buy will have them in the phone areas , hope this helps

All you need is a standard "USB Wall Charger". They're nearly ubiquitous. If you have a Walmart near you, they carry this model for $7, and Best Buy has a similar one at the same price. Just make sure it has a Type A USB socket (as shown in the linked image) and not a hard-wired plug...

Cheers!

All you need is a standard "USB Wall Charger". They're nearly ubiquitous. If you have a Walmart near you, they carry this model for $7, and Best Buy has a similar one at the same price. Just make sure it has a Type A USB socket (as shown in the linked image) and not a hard-wired plug...

Cheers!

I finally hit BestBuy yesterday since it is all of about 500 years from my house and I drive by it everyday... they directed me to a $19 one... HA!

I will try the Radio Shack next, also part of my commute since I can save the cost of TWO (2) beers if I buy it for the price you have shown me...

...and if that fails Wla-Mart here I come....

DPB

Back