Alright...fess up. Who in here is making Beer Slushies with their Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knightshade

<Insert Snarky Comment Here>
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For me...this sounds like way too much damn work. And a hangover waiting to happen.

But..I'd probably try at least one?

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 5.29.29 PM.png

Damn. Not much "beer" to that slushie...but they might have hooked me with "coconut" (I love coconut! :))
I'd definitely leave out the cookie and sprinkles, and swap the "coconut" and whipped cream for coconut cream.
Orange slice might make it or not.

If I'd seen this last summer there's a chance I'd have given it a shot :D

Cheers!

I saw the word coconut and said "nope". I HATE coconut lol. Oh well its one less thing I need to try.

You've been making some pretty bomb@$$ fruit forward NEIPAs though if I remember correctly...you could be a prime candidate to do a slushy...of sorts.

C'mon..you know you wanna. Then you can fess up here w/a pic. 🤪

I'm saying "neigh"....why would anyone want to dilute beer with OJ? Maybe its a good combination, but it looks disgusting from here.

Don't know about beer slushies, but we had a quart of apple cider from a local orchard that picked up some wild yeast and started some significant 'expansion' while refrigerated. No visible crud growing on the surface, no off flavors detected, but definitely fizzed when opened. Ice + blender + Jimmy Buffet accompaniment = tastey cider slushy.

I'll pass, but is kind of like what they called shandys in Australia, which is usually beer and lemonade. I tried one once when I was there. Besides being a "girl drink" of choice, they were often served to children.

Back