All recipes LOST!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingogames

Reaction score
So, my computer had to be reformatted (long story, not relevant here). I had to reistall everything including Beersmith 2. I had the Beersmith file in Documents backed up, but I can't figure out how to import it or even if my recipes are there. The program says it needs recipe.bsm, but can't find that in the backed up file. I'm probably screwed, huh?

I don't really care about the recipes themselves because I got most of the from here, but I used that calendar to plan all my stuff, so I've got a cider and a porter and a hard lemonade that I now have no dates for (and I can't remember my brew dates because I didn't have to: they were in Beersmith!!) so now I'm totally lost about when to bottle, end dates, etc.

:confused:

check your documents folder for the beersmith2 folder and try opening RECIPE#.bsmx where the # is a number from 1 to 5 (maybe more). try opening the latest dated one first, if that one doesn't contain your recipes and calendar, try the largest sized one

worked for me opening #4

On my system the recipes were not in my documents directory. They were about 4 directory levels down in my 'programs' directory. I had to use the search function and then make notes of the directory tree. Took me a while to figures it out.

GrogNerd- that worked!! Thanks so much for all your suggestions. I got all my recipes back! :mug:

Back