Pure insanity 10 minute 1Gal Graff Recipie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piotosempai

Reaction score
This is a brew based on a series of coincidences and happenstances which all seem to have led me, inescapably to this precipice. This could be the worst or best thing I have ever done.

After having a mild panic attack the weekend after realising I had no DME for a yeast starter, and to avoid the unappetising prospect of spending saturday on a mini mash I turned to the forums, and found many posts on "Malta Goya"

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f13/just-made-starter-goya-malta-85681/index3.html

And its use as a yeast starter in a pinch. I couldnt find the south american malta goya, but I did find "Tiger Malt" at my local loblaws. Certainly my little yeasties enjoyed their $2 meal of malt sugar once I de-carbonated it.

Having made a big batch of graff only a couple of weeks ago, and in full swing of my weekly gallon of ginger beer brewing, all of the pieces came together in this ridiculously simple 1 Gal Graff recipe.

Ingredients:
1 x 3L Apple Cider (pasteurised no preservatives or sugar)
1 x Bottle of Tiger Malt!
2 x Tbs of real Ginger Beer Plant (would have used ale yeast, but I had the plant out anyway, so I thew some in)

Method:
sterilise a 1 Gal flask, pour in Cider, De-carbonate the Tiger malt, pour it in also. Add GBP, shake, fit airlock, return to couch.

Has anyone else tried anything so lazy or crazy? I had a look around, but didnt see any instances of people fermenting out one of these male beverages for drinking purposes...

dodgygraffmethod.jpg

dodgygraff ingredients.jpg

Even drinking a Gallon of Graff in 10 minutes would be an achievement, to do so while exercising, and break even on the calories in/calories out would really be pure insanity... unless...

update? I am looking to add some DME to my batch of cider. Not sure how much to put, and what to expect. I have Munton's plain light DME on hand, and I'm aiming for 1 gal. cider.

Back