Rubber washer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cider123

Reaction score
So I just installed a kegging kit in my fridge and it has been working fine except...I've now noticed that beer is leaking from the hex nut where the beer line connects to the SS shank. After tightening and then checking another beer line that I haven't installed yet, it appears that when they shipped the assembled kit they forgot to include the rubber washers in the hex nuts.

I am on my way to Lowes to look for standard plumbing rubber washers. Thought I'd ask before installing. I am assuming that since the beer is cold and the washers are for plumbing use that I don't need some special food grade beer washer? I don't have time for the distributor to send me washers right now.
Thanks for any help

I've found that the EPDM washers in those "beer nut" fittings are interchangeable with standard rubber washers like you'd put in a faucet aerator or garden hose. I'd make sure it's food grade, but they should be if it's for a kitchen faucet.

Back