Disassemble vinator bottle rinser after use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzie14

Reaction score
Just bought a Ferrari vinator sulfiter bottle rinser for my bottle sanitizing. Works great! After we finished bottling, I took it apart to rinse it and allow it to dry out, and noticed that the spring is now a little bent. It worked fine, but I'm concerned about taking it apart each time. Is it OK to leave it assembled after use, or will the Star San residue damage it?

I just take the body of it out of the "tub" and let the StarSan drain out. I've got that spring jammed up in there pretty well and don't want to try and pry it out.

I have never taken mine apart. I never saw the need, since the only liquid that's ever in there is sanitizer, and it seems to drain and dry out pretty easily.

Hmmm, wondering now if I should have been taking it apart. Is that what most people are doing?

Never have taken mine apart. I use it both with StarSan and with sodium metabisulphate for wine. If anything, I rinse it with water.

I take mine apart every time. After 10 or so times, I bent the spring putting it back together. It still works fine, its just a little tricky getting the spring lined up now.

H'm. Had mine going on five years. Each time I bottle, I put enough sanitizer in, spritz the bottles, then drain & flush with water & allow to drain upside down. I don't see why disassembly would ever be required.....

Back