Patersbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaksnbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My Patersbier its a nice easy drinking lawnmower beer, bmc drinkers even can't complain, is now on its own dedicated tap. Has become a house favorite so is now my house beer!

image-432813621.jpg

Sure, I biab. 5 gallon batch

GRAIN BILL
7.5 lbs of Pilsen malt
.25 lbs. of Aromatic malt
I have also added .5- 1lbs brown sugar at times just bumping the color slightly and to dry it out for high heat days and to raise %. The one picture has no sugar.

HOPS (I measure in grams and did a rounded conversion)
42 grams (1.5oz.) of Organic German Traditional 60 min.
28 grams (1oz.) Saaz 60 min.
14 grams (.5oz) Saaz at flame out (end of boil)

Mash in at 150* should drop temperature to about 146* I hold it there for 45 min. I do an iodine test for conversion
Raise temperature to 168* over the next 20 min. I sparge with 168*water 3 times to get to my boil level.
This will vary to pot size and how high of a boil you achieve, and your equipment

Water I use my well water run through carbon filter (most water is fairly hard here in Florida)
I start with 1.5 gallons I like a real thick mash (about the thickness of oatmeal)

Yeast,I used a Trappist High Gravity and held temperature at 62* which in my fermenter holds the wort about 64* for 5 days then ramp temperature over the next week to 75* then wait til finished (most times I'm at 1.003 and finished at this time sugar pushes this out a couple of days)

It's simple and pretty quick the picture is after 4 weeks on CO2, is ready most times in my keezer at 39* with CO2 at 10 psi. I have 12 taps and I keep 14 kegs cold and on CO2 and had nothing empty which is why it sat for 4 weeks. I never have to drink "green" beer because of this.

Good luck and hope you enjoy:mug:

Very cool!!! Thank you!! That's a very low FG!! I do both BIAB and AG. I love Belgians and would like something "sessionable" if that's even a word? Instead of the 9% sipping beers. Thanks again!

Back