bail out ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how do I tell the alcohol content if there is no reading on the hydrometer? Just go with the pre fermentation sh?

Pretty sure thats impossible so I would say temp is not being compensated for but in all likelihood the ferment is done

After I need my bruh I check the specific gravity and it was 1.080 now after fermentation it is less than 1.00 what does this mean?

It means your hydrometer is broken. This is beer you are making and not wine?

What does "After I need my bruh" and "bail out?" mean?

It could mean a lot of things:

1) You mashed really low, and used a very attenuative strain.
2) As mentioned, your hydrometer is out of calibration
3) You have an infected batch

It's not really rare to end up below 1.000 in certain cases like Saison using 3711, but unless you intended to end up below 1.000, it's likely one of the other reasons I listed. Mash temps might be the culprit if your thermometer isn't in calibration.

After the mash my sg was 1.090 the ferment process was high gear for about 20 hours then slowed to a bubble a minute or so and I left it in the fermenter for about a month then checked sg nada. Bottled it, left it 3 weeks then started drinking. Tastes good and gives a pretty strong buzz no headache but the hydro reading has me stumped. Checked it and hydro is good

IMO, somehow your reading was off. (bubbles on the hydrometer making it float higher?) It is very unlikely the gravity was below 1.000 which would be what you would get with distilled water.

It could mean a lot of things:

1) You mashed really low, and used a very attenuative strain.
2) As mentioned, your hydrometer is out of calibration
3) You have an infected batch

It's not really rare to end up below 1.000 in certain cases like Saison using 3711, but unless you intended to end up below 1.000, it's likely one of the other reasons I listed. Mash temps might be the culprit if your thermometer isn't in calibration.

#3 probably but hey , if it taste good ,

Back