Weissbier Oberdorfer Weissbier Clone - Extract w/ Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did you use hallertau for both the bittering and flavor hop additions? I think I used a combo of hallertau and tettenger and that turned out well.

Sounds like you are good to go. I copied this recipe from a BYO magazine a long time ago. But not sure why this recipe calls for Irish moss. I copied it verbatim.

I certainly agree with its omission.

You should be drinking this one shortly.

Hey guys, so I just bottled this. OG was on the higher side (1.060) and FG was 1.020 bringing it right around 5.2% ABV.... I expected the FG to be lower... Is this normal?? I'm new to liquid yeasts.

Btw I'm actually drinking a couple bottles warm and flat right now LOL, and it's DELICIOUS. Very similar to 'Erdinger'.

Bottling at 1.020 is too high. It'd you add priming sugar you might have gushers or bottle bombs. If possible wait it out for a bit longer.

Check the website of the year mfg'r to see the SG range.

My guess the high limit is about 1.012 - 1.015

If it works for you at twenty, good...cheers.

No bottle bombs--Just cracked one, after 9 days in bottles. YUM, best beer I have ever made HANDS DOWN. Will definitely be doing this one again. Can't wait for it to fully carb. It has a mouthful of velvet... I'm going to attribute the high FG to the fact that I pulled it off the yeast bed to early... I won't do a secondary next time... Thanks for the recipe mate. --Cheers :mug:

Back