4.5 cubic ft GE FRIDGE fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyBob

Reaction score
Looking to see if any one has used or using a 4.5 cubic foot fridge to control ferment temps. I am looking to buy one to keep a carboy and/or ferment bucket. I am concerned that a carboy with a air lock may not fit in fridge. Does any one know if it will. I'm using to control ale temp. Thanks

Like this.

ForumRunner_20130514_091348.jpg

I use a thee piece are lock, and it just fits. I think its a 4.5 cubic ft. Its a Kenmore though.

Thanks for input. I like how u flipped the bottom drawer. How much room do you have from the bottom to top like that?

What kind of fridge is that? Been looking around. Nothing seems like it will fit.

GuyBob said:
What kind of fridge is that? Been looking around. Nothing seems like it will fit.

Edit. See your comment above on type.

Yea, I just kind of lucked out with it. It wasn't using it at all and thought why am I not fermenting in this! I use an analog. Johnson controller and it work awesome.

Back