Well i guess i have to bite the bullet!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyctitan

Reaction score
My first Bach is in the back of my basement just fermenting away. I need to get a couple cases of Guinness stout and "empty" them so I have somewhere to put my first brew. Oh the pain!

You can get any beer with pry offs. So mix it up with the emptying. As a little heads up rinse the bottles out right after pouring them to make latter clean up easier. Good luck Chopps

Tonyctitan said:
My first Bach is in the back of my basement just fermenting away. I need to get a couple cases of Guinness stout and "empty" them so I have somewhere to put my first brew. Oh the pain!

The Guinness bottles only have 11.2 oz I think, so you'll have to sacrifice another few bottles to fit your whole batch. Too bad...

It may just be my cheap capper, but I've found guiness to be some of the more difficult to recap, just because the little ledge on the neck is so close to the top of the bottle. I think I only had to redo one but the Sam adams and others were much easier with my capper. Regardless, good luck and enjoy!

Back