recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleedsblue

Reaction score
Okay our internet data is down so I'm doing this for my phone please bare with me I got a question I'm up getting ready to start a blackberry and orange- Hefeweizen . in the directions under miscellaneous ingredient

ForumRunner_20130601_113514.png

it says primary 10 days five pounds of blackberries so my question is am I adding the blackberries after 10 days in the primary or is it only supposed to stay in the primary for 10 days which doesn't seem like a long time

Add the fruit after the majority of the fermentation is complete(that would be the 10 days). Fermentation will kick back in, but if you do it too early then the fermentation will be insane and most of your flavor/aroma will be driven off.

You'll want a pectin enzyme added when you add the fruit as well.

You'll want a pectin enzyme added when you add the fruit as well.

Ok. First I have heard of this. So it looks like a couple of teaspoons for 5 gallons?

Do I add it when I add the fruit or before?

Ok. First I have heard of this. So it looks like a couple of teaspoons for 5 gallons?

Do I add it when I add the fruit or before?

Lol I see then I add fruit. Reading. It comes in handy:)

So is the 2 teaspoons for 5 gallons right?

I think it may vary depending on the enzyme. It usually says on the container.

Would you use a black berry Puree for this or frozen whole Black berries. I don't know that I will have fresh available.

I used frozen for my Raspberry Wheat Champagne Ale. Got great color and flavor. Also, you know they're sanitary right out of the package.

Back