Does dry hopping in the keg make your beer cloudy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zanemoseley

Reaction score
I just dry hopped for the first time (Lake Walk Pale Ale) with Simcoe and Amarillo hops. I used a stainless mesh dry hopper from Arbor Fab http://arborfab.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=67 which work out amazing. I was dry hopping right after the transfer out of the primary while I was carbing the beer. After a week I pulled the hops but the beer is pretty cloudy, much cloudier than my pales ales typically are. Is this 100% due to the dry hopping? I'm sure a lot will clear out now that the hops are gone but I wasn't anticipating this cloudiness. I was hoping I could drink and share the beer while the dry hop flavor was fresh but the beer looks embarrassing right now lol.

shouldn't be cloudy, but hazy is definitely normal from heavily hopped/dry hopped beers

if you have chunks floating you've done something wrong

if the dry hopper sat on the bottom of the keg it's also possible you kicked up some yeast/sediment when you removed it

Back