What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onto this one.

image-2622324602.jpg

Is that difficult to brew? I was recently introduced to the style but the recipes I've seen are very involved.

I concocted a recipe from a few I saw in the recipe database, plus one I got emailed from a good member. I just started getting into Scottish ales, and some are awesome. I hope my wee heavy turns out good. I'm all extract, so we'll see, I plan to bottle maybe next weekend when I have the time....and bottles. You can check out my recipe I'm sure by going into my profile and funding my threads. Its the Weely Heavy one.

Btw, I'm drinking the 15 min cascade pale ale. It gets better and better.

nukebrewer said:
Popping my new Alchemist glass's cherry.

Tomorrow I shall have my other Heady Topper. I plan on stepping up the yeast I harvested and to harvest some more. I'm going to use it in BM's Centennial Blonde recipe first. Followed by a black IPA :D

sweed said:
I concocted a recipe from a few I saw in the recipe database, plus one I got emailed from a good member. I just started getting into Scottish ales, and some are awesome. I hope my wee heavy turns out good. I'm all extract, so we'll see, I plan to bottle maybe next weekend when I have the time....and bottles. You can check out my recipe I'm sure by going into my profile and funding my threads. Its the Weely Heavy one.

Btw, I'm drinking the 15 min cascade pale ale. It gets better and better.

Most recipes I see involve taking the first runnings and boiling them for 3-4 hours until it is a syrup and then adding it back to the wort.

Ridire said:
Now, for my last beer of the night, what do I do:

1) another Breakfast Stout
2) Ruthless Rye
3) my completely awful HB IPA

Last beer of the night? It's way too early for that. ;)

WesleyS said:

Last beer of the night? It's way too early for that. ;)

Maybe I'll have two more...baseball is on. But I'm working in the morning. Good thing is I get to work when I get to work, so I can sleep in a little if I really want to.

Most recipes I see involve taking the first runnings and boiling them for 3-4 hours until it is a syrup and then adding it back to the wort.

Ya, I think that's for AG guys? I've seen that, but just tried to put together something for me.

sweed said:
Ya, I think that's for AG guys? I've seen that, but just tried to put together something for me.

Interested to know how that turns out. I want to brew one but don't want to do anything so complicated at this stage of my "career".

Das Konig Pilsner. OK. Not my favorite. Malt profile a bit weak. Trying to pick a pils/ lager to imitate.

image-2125625066.jpg

Bottled on 4/30/13. A 4.4% ABV face full of Simcoe and Citra.

A bit thin on mouthfeel, but quite tasty!

Double Chocolate Milk Stout.

Partial mash based off a Cooper's Original Series Stout kit.

I was shooting for something like Young's Double Chocolate but didn't quite pull it off. Still enjoying it though.

IPA from Rochester Mills brewing (Michigan). My lovely wife went near there for a business visit. She stopped and picked up 3 growlers. ESB and red ale too! Soul mates!

I just had a Fox Barrel English Perry. It's my favorite cider-type drink, and maybe my favorite alcohol period.

Makes sense. The one that I can't make.

Life of the Mind, with rhubarb, lacto, brett, and dry hopped with Mosaic. Brewing is fun.

WesleyS said:
After three Ruthless Ryes I'm switching gears with my It's A Trapp! Belgian style pale ale with Sorachi Ace.

Are you the person who has the Admiral Ackbar label? That is my first memory of this site but I don't remember who had it.

Ridire said:
Are you the person who has the Admiral Ackbar label? That is my first memory of this site but I don't remember who had it.

Nope, not me. I don't make any labels for my beer.

Wookey Jack, a bit past its prime freshness, kind of forgot I had it. Nice to see some of the malt flavors in the foreground. Chocolate, rye spice, roastiness, plus some of the hop aroma still lingering.

Still one of my favorite beers.

WesleyS said:
Nope, not me. I don't make any labels for my beer.

Somebody had a profile picture of a label with Admiral Ackbar, from Return of the Jedi, whose big line is "It's a trap!!!", and the label said "It's a Trappist!!!"

I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

Ridire said:
Somebody had a profile picture of a label with Admiral Ackbar, from Return of the Jedi, whose big line is "It's a trap!!!", and the label said "It's a Trappist!!!"

I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

Hmm, never saw it.

Back