• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Contactors for e-brew heating elements.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The C30's are rated for 28 amps. I don't see how you're going to use them for 50 amp service. Basically, each connector is rated for the 28 amps.

How did you come up with 28 amps? Unless I'm reading it wrong, the label shows them rated to 10kW at 240V, which is ~42 amps.

How did you come up with 28 amps? Unless I'm reading it wrong, the label shows them rated to 10kW at 240V, which is ~42 amps.

Think he may just be quoting my original post of "you could easily use up to a 6500w element" 6500w=roughly 28 amps. But you are correct it does state it is rated at 10kw=42 amps. Allen-Bradley already puts a fudge factor of 80% of the max their components can handle, which I like. A lot of (cheaper) electronics out there do not.

C23's, C30's, C43's, all 120v coils. I do have some C23's with 24v coils. All $22ea +shipping except C43's, they are $35.

I have roughly 40 contactors available. All Allen-Bradley. C23's (20Amp), C30's (30Amp), C43's (65 Amp), all 120v coils. I do have some C23's with 24v coils. All $20ea +shipping except C43's, they are $35.

Latest posts

Back