How do you use ur bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew2

Reaction score
Do siphon out of it or use the spigot? If you use the spigot how do you get every last drop out of the bucket?

Before I got a beergun I would just put a book under it to keep it tilted.

I use the spigot and tilt a little toward the end. I probably could have gotten another bottle on Saturday when I bottled a Hefe but I already had 2 full cases and there were a lot of floaties. I just dumped the rest.

3/4

One side is threaded (obv), and the other is slip/glue fit. I trimmed a little off the slip fit side to keep it a little off the bottom of the bucket.

3/4

One side is threaded (obv), and the other is slip/glue fit. I trimmed a little off the slip fit side to keep it a little off the bottom of the bucket.

Ok thank you

What size 90 is it

I believe it's a 3/4" threaded female on one end and smooth (no thread) on the other end. I bought one but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. I looked and looked for it in CPVC but could fine one. Wanted CPVC because we use our bottling bucket to catch our hot mash tun running's.

Robert

TBaGZ said:
I screw a PVC 90 on as a diptube. Doesn't leave much behind.

http://s54.photobucket.com/user/TJ4462/media/706ff1d5.jpg.html

+1
I, fortunately didn't have to trim mine at all. Removed the sticker and cleaned/boiled it. Clean it thoroughly after every use. Best $0.39 I've ever spent! I get all but a tiny tiny bit and honestly, my buddy and I tip that into a glass and have a sip a piece just for the enjoyment. Haha

When I built my bottling bucket,I cut the hole a lil closer to the bottom than the ones you buy already done. Or like fermenters with spigots. Being that lil bit closer to the bottom gives about the same effect as the dip tube. I tilt it slightly towards the end & get all but the last couple TBSP's out. Just like the photo,the grainy bits stay behind.

Back