Adjusting salts in Brewfather BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryggAnton

Reaction score
I need help to set my adjustments for my salts in my BIAB system on Brewfather. First i mash for 75min. Then i mash out for 15 min. To faster reach the mash out temp i add boiling water. So i will have to calculate for that water I'm adding.

I'm thinking of adding all water needed to the kettle, adding my salts and then transfer the water I'm adding later to a big pot that i have.

Do I have to count for the salts and water loss when measuring the grain absorption? And yes I squeeze the hell out of my brew bag💪

Also I'm not a big fan using salts to lower PH, instead I'm using acidulated malts or lactic acid. Of course I need salts to increase PH but that isn't my focus today. It just seems easier to just add all the salts at once and not some of it in the sparge and some in the mash.

Could some explain how to set it up or show how your BIAB system in Brewfather is set up when it comes to the salts?

I'm new to Brewfather. I created one recipe so far and haven't brewed yet (in a couple weeks), so I'm not much help.

One idea pops into my head: Treat your mashout addition of water like a "parge" addition and let it calc your additions for the mash and "sparge" separately. Essentially that's what you're doing, you're just not running it through the grains.

I'm new to Brewfather. I created one recipe so far and haven't brewed yet (in a couple weeks), so I'm not much help.

One idea pops into my head: Treat your mashout addition of water like a "parge" addition and let it calc your additions for the mash and "sparge" separately. Essentially that's what you're doing, you're just not running it through the grains.
Thanks for the idea! That makes the whole process a bit easier 👌 :)

How are you heating with your system? Stove top or propane outside? Is there not way to direct heat the mash to mash out temps, not that mash-out is really needed for BIAB?

Latest posts

Back