Skeeter Pee - Am I on the right track?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critterz

Reaction score
I put together my first batch of Skeeter Pee on Sunday and decided today to give it a whip. As long as I had the bucket open, I decided to check the gravity. It was slightly below 1.05. Although the recipe seems clear, once you are actually doing it, there are questions! I thought for sure it would take longer than 5 days to reach the gravity needed for the last bottle of RealLemon, and the final additions of nutrient and energizer. Is 5 days typical? Should I go ahead and add the final additions? What happens if I wait too long?

Also, my original gravity on Sunday was not what the recipe indicated it would be (1.07), mine was around 1.06. I tried raising the gravity by adding sugar that I shook up with a little water in an empty RealLemon bottle, to hopefully dissolve it. My gravity went a little lower so I decided not to mess with it anymore.

I tasted it and it is quite sweet but very good!

Thanks!

Go ahead and add the rest of the ingredients. Mine fermented fully in 1 week and that was pitching 2 packs of dry yeast. Only took two days to go from 1.068 to 1.050 so I added the rest of the lemon and energizer and nutrient after two days

Back