Over carbonated bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morganamps

Reaction score
I over carbonated a landlord clone. I have 2 cases of this

[ame]http://youtu.be/TkZLlYv2UkU[/ame]

What's the best way to save this?

I was thinking of opening one and timing it until it reached the correct level of flatness then apply that to the rest of the batch.

Any better suggestions?

I had the same problem with some turbo cider, I kept releasing the pressure of each bottle till it fizzed out to a nice carbonation, I didn't take the caps off completely just kept releasing them as the fizz settled, took about 1/2 hour to do 10 bottles, once it completely settled I took the cap off and had a little sip, it was perfect so I recapped with new caps,

its been 2 weeks and ive just had a snakebite and it tastes lovely, not sure if beer will be the same but I think if you can keep exposure to the air to a minimum and prevent it oxidising, its worth a try

I had the same problem with some turbo cider, I kept releasing the pressure of each bottle till it fizzed out to a nice carbonation, I didn't take the caps off completely just kept releasing them as the fizz settled, took about 1/2 hour to do 10 bottles, once it completely settled I took the cap off and had a little sip, it was perfect so I recapped with new caps,

its been 2 weeks and ive just had a snakebite and it tastes lovely, not sure if beer will be the same but I think if you can keep exposure to the air to a minimum and prevent it oxidising, its worth a try

i have also done this with good results. :cross:

Back