My first taste of Lite beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
Home brewing has turned me into a bit of a beer snob. This week with fellow employees I tried to reverse the trend and go with the lite beers they were all slamming down.:tank:

I tried, I really tried but just cannot take the mass-market stuff anymore. It is all your fault.

Michelob Ultra - Similar to the thin English table beer I make. tolerable, not a favorite
Corona - yep, skunked just like you said it would be.
Bud Lite - inoffensive as supermarket-brand vanilla ice cream.
Coors Lite - ditto.
Amstel Lite - WHAT were they thinking? :confused: Absolutely no beer flavor. Fizzy water. Alka-Seltzer. Could not finish it.

One restaurant listed "Sam Adams". I asked the nice waitress if it was Boston Lager, Boston Ale, Brown Ale, Summer Ale, or some other? She just stared blink - blink. I ordered a Coke.

I hear ya. Anytime I hit Vegas with me girl, the cocktail waitress walking around. I just ask for a dark beer. Every now & then buy one ir two on the s trip or old town. I can't stand the crappy commercial beers anymore. I used to hammer down Bud regulary. But, since 08' . No more. All taste the same now.

Back