Accidentally GF mega swill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casebrew

Reaction score
I just tried the Omission and Daura GFs. I was thrilled to find that GF barley beers were available here, as in Europe. Those are labeled as gluten parts per million.

I don't have Celiacs per se, but I get angina chest pains if I eat the wrong stuff. I had 3 angioplasties with 7 stents, in three years, then went GF. 6 years later, no new clogs. ( Soy sauce and "modified food starch" do me in.) (tyramine is a new word to me. that may be the particular gluten component) But my prob seems to be somewhat dose dependent. Maybe not an allergy, some kind of sensitivity? So I do dare, from time to time. And it seems that some mega/micro beers do not bother me.

I'm thinking rice is used a lot in megas, and maybe some kind of low protein malt extract , could accidentally make a mega I can handle?

Carl Strauss Amber Lager seems better, Miller is not. Or maybe I'm gluten wacko?

So, my question is, does anybody know gluten levels of various beers?

Latest posts

Back